Sim Hot-Key Combinations
- The iRacing.com simulator features several hot-keys that can be used to make some tasks while driving easier to manage while driving.
- To view or change the hot-hey assignments launch the sim then choose the <OPTIONS> tab at the top right of your screen.
- Once in the options section, Click the <CONTROLS> tab at the bottom of the window to view the default hot-key assignments.
- Each user can customize the hot-keys. To change any assignment, place and click the mouse on the control you want to assign and place your mouse over the object you want to change and click
- You'll receive a dialog box noting "unassigned"
- Once the key is assigned the dialog will disappear, click <DONE>.
- Text Chat: Used to initiate any text chat to all drivers or when whispering to a single driver while in the car.
- Text Chat Reply: Quick reply to the last person that sent you a whisper message.
- Text Chat Toggle: Use to enable or disable viewing of all chat from other drivers while driving.
- Increase Field of View: Adjust the view from the drivers cockpit.
- Decrease Field of View: Adjust the view from the drivers cockpit.
- Speed Gear/Pedals Display: Toggles this display which is at the bottom left of a drivers view when in car.
- FPS/Network Display: Frames Per Second and Network connectivity display shown at the top right of the screen when in car.
- Cycle Splits Delta Display: Toggles the split delta on and cycle through the various deltas.
Pit Stop Black boxes can have different adjustments available depending on the type of car being driven.
Article ID: 80
Created On: Thu, May 8, 2008 at 8:15 PM
Last Updated On: Fri, Nov 6, 2015 at 6:38 PM
Authored by: Shannon Whitmore [Shannon.Whitmore@iRacing.com]
Online URL: http://faq.iracing.com/article.php?id=80