|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
How to fix Loading Error 72
Article Number: 173 | Rating: 3/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Fri, Apr 22, 2016 at 4:42 PM
LOADING ERROR 72
These are triggered if some of your content (specifically a track) are not up to date, did not update properly, or have become corrupt. You will need to remove and reinstall the pieces that are in error.
Steps to Fix:
1. Go to your installation folder (generally C:\Program Files\iRacing, or C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing, on 64-bit Windows).
2. Go to the "tracks" directory.
3. Delete the "tracks.dat" and "version.txt" files.
4. Delete the directory for the track you were trying to use.
5. Refresh the web site and it will tell you that you have updates available.
6. Install the (now) missing track and the shared track data.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Host Your Own Tournament
Viewed 1764 times since Wed, Apr 3, 2013
How do I join an official series?
Viewed 2995 times since Thu, Apr 21, 2016
Viewing championship points: How to tell which races count for the week
Viewed 10639 times since Fri, Mar 11, 2011
What can I do about Open Practice Session Freezing issues?
Viewed 3354 times since Fri, Feb 13, 2009
Viewed 12197 times since Sun, Feb 27, 2011
How to get a Crash Report to submit to iRacing
Viewed 8760 times since Fri, Nov 7, 2008
Using Lap Time, Split Time & Black Box Info
Viewed 3396 times since Wed, Apr 3, 2013
What can I do about low FPS, Freezing, stuttering etc?
Viewed 16951 times since Thu, Sep 25, 2008
How do I download iRacing.
Viewed 5120 times since Thu, Apr 21, 2016
Load Custom Setups onto your Racecar!
Viewed 5409 times since Wed, Apr 3, 2013