|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
How to fix Loading Error 71
Article Number: 172 | Rating: 5/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM
|LOADING ERROR 71
These are triggered if some of your content (specifically a car) are not up to date, did not update properly, or have become corrupt. You will need to remove and reinstall the pieces that are in error.
Steps to Fix:
1. Go to your installation folder (generally C:\Program Files\iRacing, or C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing, on 64-bit Windows).
2. Go to the "cars" directory.
3. Delete the "cars.dat" and "version.txt" files.
4. Delete the "safety" directory (it has the pace car).
5. Delete the directory for the car you were trying to use (or all the cars in the session if it was a multi-class session).
6. Refresh the web site and it will tell you that you have updates available.
7. Install the (now) missing car(s) and the shared car data.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
What can I do about Open Practice Session Freezing issues?
Viewed 3368 times since Fri, Feb 13, 2009
What do I do if I think that someone has gained access to my password?
Viewed 3313 times since Tue, Mar 25, 2008
How to File a Protest
Viewed 18164 times since Mon, Feb 21, 2011
Failed to verify signature on program executable
Viewed 15648 times since Sat, May 8, 2010
What are iRacing licenses?
Viewed 3767 times since Thu, Apr 21, 2016
Host Your Own Tournament
Viewed 1778 times since Wed, Apr 3, 2013
How to fix the Loading Error 66
Viewed 5537 times since Tue, Oct 27, 2009
How to run iRacing in 32bit instead of 64bit
Viewed 5266 times since Thu, Nov 1, 2012
How to get a Crash Report to submit to iRacing
Viewed 8773 times since Fri, Nov 7, 2008
Undocumented ("Hidden") Feature: Active Roll Axis Cockpit View (DriverHeadHorizon)
Viewed 12296 times since Sun, Mar 6, 2011