|Home » Categories » Multiple Categories|
How to fix Loading Error 71
Article Number: 172 | Rating: 5/5 from 1 votes | Last Updated: Thu, Nov 1, 2012 at 3:46 PM
|LOADING ERROR 71
These are triggered if some of your content (specifically a car) are not up to date, did not update properly, or have become corrupt. You will need to remove and reinstall the pieces that are in error.
Steps to Fix:
1. Go to your installation folder (generally C:\Program Files\iRacing, or C:\Program Files (x86)\iRacing, on 64-bit Windows).
2. Go to the "cars" directory.
3. Delete the "cars.dat" and "version.txt" files.
4. Delete the "safety" directory (it has the pace car).
5. Delete the directory for the car you were trying to use (or all the cars in the session if it was a multi-class session).
6. Refresh the web site and it will tell you that you have updates available.
7. Install the (now) missing car(s) and the shared car data.
There are no attachments for this article.
There are no comments for this article. Be the first to post a comment.
Why do I keep getting "Get Required Updates" for mixed class series?
Viewed 3786 times since Thu, Mar 7, 2013
How do I enter a race?
Viewed 1850 times since Thu, Apr 21, 2016
Allowing iRacing through Software Firewall
Viewed 9649 times since Fri, May 9, 2008
How to File a Protest
Viewed 17378 times since Mon, Feb 21, 2011
Steering Wheel Configuration & Calibration
Viewed 20169 times since Fri, Oct 28, 2011
Viewed 5629 times since Sun, Jul 31, 2011
Viewing championship points: How to tell which races count for the week
Viewed 10239 times since Fri, Mar 11, 2011
How to fix Loading Error 61
Viewed 8400 times since Thu, Mar 25, 2010
How to fix the Loading Error 66
Viewed 5405 times since Tue, Oct 27, 2009
What are iRacing licenses?
Viewed 3250 times since Thu, Apr 21, 2016